Women's Health Care
Most women associate gynecology with their annual pelvic exam and Pap smear, yet gynecologists do so much more. The physicians at Naples Women’s Center diagnose and treat every type of medical condition and disease that affects women and the female reproductive organs. We welcome women of all ages, and encourage you to schedule an appointment for preventive gynecologic care.
Frequently Asked Questions
We understand that healthcare can be confusing, and Naples Women’s Center is here to help.
A well woman exam is a regular gynecologic exam that’s focused on preventive care. Like other types of preventive checkups, the goal is to identify a potential problem while it can be prevented or easily treated.
During a well woman exam, you’ll receive some or all of the following services:
- Breast exam
- Pelvic exam with Pap smear
- Blood tests, if needed
- Screening for osteoporosis
- Screening for chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Family planning, including preconception counseling and birth control
- Testing for sexually transmitted diseases
- Counseling about diet and nutrition
- Women’s health education
While most women should get a yearly gynecologic checkup, the frequency of your well woman exam depends on your overall health and whether you’re at a higher risk for gynecologic problems. If it’s been longer than a year since your last checkup, contact Naples Women’s Center to schedule an appointment for your preventive exam.
Please don’t hesitate to call us any time you have a question about your health, but be sure to schedule an appointment if you experience any of these symptoms:
- Bleeding between periods or prolonged, heavier-than-normal bleeding
- Frequent and urgent need to urinate or burning sensation during urination
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding, especially during or after intercourse
- Pain or pressure in your pelvis that’s not menstrual cramps
- Itching, burning, or soreness in vaginal area
- Sores or lumps in genital area
- Vaginal discharge with unpleasant odor or unusual color
- Pain or discomfort during intercourse